Welcome

I am a mom of older children and have noticed that the time has come when I do not have the hustle and bustle of little ones constantly around my feet and life now seems to be a bit of a let down. Well life has changed and now I have more hustle and bustle then ever. I am the Grammy Nanny to my 3 grandsons.
I was savoring the time that was mine and now have to share it with everyone all over again. The growing pains are upon me again and trying to define who I am again. The upside is that I get to cuddle little ones again! I still haven't truly learned to hug myself yet nor to be understanding to my own feelings. Did anyone notice how hard it is to be nice and understanding to yourself? That being said I hope that you will be part of my journey into yet another part of my life.

Monday, July 27, 2015

What to do with all the paper

Ok I do a variety of crafts. Right now I have put cakes on hold because I have been taking care of my twin grandsons and their 6 year old brother. It is just too difficult for me to hold a kid on my hip and decorate one handed. With the extra people in the house the refrigerator does not offer any wiggle room to hold a cake so I can stop and take care of the kids and then start again when they are in bed. That doesn't bother me, I love having them around. Plus I then do a different craft thus the ADD Crafter. There hasn't been a craft I didn't like.  So now I am trying to clean up from my last project and make sense of everything so I can start my next project. I would like to assess what I have also and start to use more of what I have because it is getting a little overwhelming right now. I made a banner for my friend's son's 10th birthday and Tiki party decorations for my grandsons's 2nd birthday. I also made 20 paper hot air balloons for my niece's 30th birthday. The goal was actually 30 balloons including my daughter crocheting 3 and my sister sewed 4. So we were only short 3 balloons. Not bad. I was happy. She was ecstatic. I will post pics of all of those soon.
My next goal is to make a standing scrapbook for my mom to put on her dresser and to participate in the cards for the kids in St. Jude and for our soldiers, which I just posted previously. That is why I wanted to assess what papers I already have and use up some more papers since this project is not specific to colors or designs. I am trying to divide the color scraps and keep them together and I want to do the same to the patterned paper. Then I  pulled out one of my cases and I have a slew of different sized pre-cut papers! My daughter said to make a divider for the case and place them back in their little spots. Does anyone else feel like this? My craft room is our dining room. I have a tall shelf, a half shelf and the closet. I just don't feel I am using them well.

Does anyone else feel compelled to save every viable scrap as to not waste anything? At what point do you say to yourself enough let it go!?! Now that I have the electronic cutting machine and the Sizzix I can cut all kinds of sized paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment