Welcome

I am a mom of older children and have noticed that the time has come when I do not have the hustle and bustle of little ones constantly around my feet and life now seems to be a bit of a let down.
I am trying to finally savor the time that is mine like I used to when I did have little ones. I don't feel entitled or that I have earned this time but that I am growing into yet another part of my life. I now have growing pains that I once cuddled my children through only I now have to learn to hug myself. Did anyone notice how hard it is to be nice and understanding to yourself? That being said I hope that you will be part of my journey into the next part of my life.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

I have been doing stuff just not blogging like I should. I finished a Simplicity 2350 Cynthia Rowley bag. I used some cool scraps of cotton I had. The fabric has flames on a black background. I used some abstract feather silky print and red silky fabric for the lining. The bag sports a pleather bottom and lower side and also on the rim. I used the pleather on the bottom also to save on fabric because there was limited flame fabric. I literally had to piece it together to make it big enough to make the bag. This is a gift for my niece who turned 15. She said she liked it. I am also entering it in PatternReview's contest.





No comments:

Post a Comment