Welcome

I am a mom of older children and have noticed that the time has come when I do not have the hustle and bustle of little ones constantly around my feet and life now seems to be a bit of a let down. Well life has changed and now I have more hustle and bustle then ever. I am the Grammy Nanny to my 3 grandsons.
I was savoring the time that was mine and now have to share it with everyone all over again. The growing pains are upon me again and trying to define who I am again. The upside is that I get to cuddle little ones again! I still haven't truly learned to hug myself yet nor to be understanding to my own feelings. Did anyone notice how hard it is to be nice and understanding to yourself? That being said I hope that you will be part of my journey into yet another part of my life.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

beautiful red with velvet flocked floral


That is the fabric that I am going to create a real Christmas dress from. It is so beautiful. I love the crispness of the fabric without it being stiff.
  Details of the velvet flocked flower

Another one of the flowers
 
Doesn't that look fabulous. I want to start with the petticoat first!
These are the fabrics for the petticoat. Red tulle with black lace and plain old black lining fabric. I am going to make a gathered tiered red netting on the black lining. The top layer will have the beautiful black lace. I am hoping that I can figure out how to make the edge peak out from under the dress.

I love the way this looks, thinking about adding bias binding to the bottom of the red tulle.
Oh yes, and the pattern. A Vintage Vogue pattern with a dropped waist. I am hoping it will give me a nice shape. I am going to make the shorter version and probably shorten it further to my knee. I am rather short. My goal is to also make the skirt pleated rather then gathered. I think it would look good.


This is the idea that I was thinking about. I think it would look good just above the hip. 

Although the pin tucks of this black dress is nice and maybe the gathers aren't so bad like the dress above.
Well, I will post periodically how well this is going. I am definitely starting with the petticoat. So sumptuous and fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment