Welcome

I am a mom of older children and have noticed that the time has come when I do not have the hustle and bustle of little ones constantly around my feet and life now seems to be a bit of a let down. Well life has changed and now I have more hustle and bustle then ever. I am the Grammy Nanny to my 3 grandsons.
I was savoring the time that was mine and now have to share it with everyone all over again. The growing pains are upon me again and trying to define who I am again. The upside is that I get to cuddle little ones again! I still haven't truly learned to hug myself yet nor to be understanding to my own feelings. Did anyone notice how hard it is to be nice and understanding to yourself? That being said I hope that you will be part of my journey into yet another part of my life.

Monday, February 21, 2011

New projects

I am now working on a red dress, again inspiration from Grosgrain and Modcloth, a blue print simple dress that is a muslin for the red wild print dress that I have all cut out and a gray dress that is for my daughter, it too is all cut out. I am disappointed with the Simplicity pattern 2497 - http://www.simplicity.com/p-3055-misses-dresses-cynthia-rowley-collection.aspx 
I cut a size 12 and usually have no problem fitting the dress. This one was unusually small. I ended up adding a 5/8 extra to the width edges and this should work. I love the silky print fabric that I am using. It is so fun. I am also using the fabric to line the red dress that I am making using the Vogue pattern 8470. I have used this one before in a wonderful yellow "Marilyn Monroe" halter dress -- http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v8470-products-7899.php?page_id=857. I liked this pattern, I cut a 12 and it fit well.
Well, I am off to go do some sewing. Hopefully finish something and then a shower. Enjoy your presidents day.

No comments:

Post a Comment